Saturday, July 5, 2008

Greece - Santorini

Santorini is the one island that every book and every person we spoke to told us we had to go and it did not disappoint! It was beautiful, although it was a bit expensive. We finally had some great Greek food. Last night we went on a little cruise, we stopped at a nearby island with an active volcano and we climbed to the top. It was pretty neat. After that the boat stopped "close" to shore...haha they said we only had to swim 30 meters to get to the hot springs, but it was more like 100. Anyway, it was worth the swim, when we got there the water was orange from the rock in the area and it was really warm somewhere between 25-30 degrees. After we got back to the boat we watched the sunset. It was a great last night in Santorini.

Aaron left this morning, I miss him already! I'm catching a ferry in a few hours to Crete where I'll be meeting Megs!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Priya! I can't believe I only JUST discovered your blog!! Darn! Now I have to go back to the beginning and read every single entry until I'm all caught up. Ah well, it's not like I'm working anyways.

Sounds like you're having an AMAZING time - and I've been stalking your FaceBook - you're going to all my dream destinations! Darn you! Hope you're keeping well and that you're having some great adventures. I'll add you to my links on my blog so I can keep an eye on your crazy life!

Jen Gibson