Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Egypt!

We've only been here for a few days but I feel like it's been at least a few weeks, we've done so much! When we got here Joy and Luke met us at the airport and we spent our first two nights with them in Cairo. We saw the Giza pyramids the first day which was AMAZING! We took a horse ride through part of the area and walked the rest of the way. Even though it was incredibly hot, it was beautiful. It's so hard to describe what it was like to see them. We watched a lot of travel videos and looked at pictures before we came but nothing can really do justice to explain how amazing it was to see them in person. We also visited Islamic Cairo and Coptic Cairo.

One of the best things about the trip has been the amazing food, falafel, shawarma, Tahina and fresh pitas, it's fabulous! However I think I may have been enjoying it a bit too much as somewhere along the way I picked something up and I've been pretty sick the past two days, I won't go into details but let's just say it's not pleasant, I'm hoping it clears out soon. We're in Luxor right now, I'll have to write more about that another time, hopefully before we head to Jordan on Thursday morning!

1 comment:

Rusty Childers said...

Hope you get better soon! Keep on enjoying the sights and the food!