Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jordan - Petra and Aqaba

I'm writing this from the airport in Jordan, we're just about to catch our flight to Athens. Jordan was amazing!!! It was so much better than I could have imagined. Yesterday we went in to Petra and saw the old city, it was beautiful. The rocks were all different colors, mostly different shades of pinks, and the carving was pretty unreal. Again, so hard to explain in words but it was great, I can't wait to post some pics, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. After seeing Petra we took a taxi to Aquaba which is about two hours south of Petra, there we went to a beach and did some snorkelling. The coral and fish were really neat, I've only snorkelled in one other place (Thailand) which was also really cool, but the neat thing here was that there was coral surprisingly close to the shore, so you didn't have to go far to see the good stuff. There were tons of bright colors and tropical fish, I wish I could have taken pictures! We also got to have tea with a out taxi driver's family which was really nice even though they didn't speak a lot of English, it was nice to see a traditional house in Jordan. My time is up so I'll end this here, but I hope you're all doing well!!

No comments: