Friday, May 9, 2008

Catie and Jim's going away




I can't believe I've been here for a year...time flies when you're having fun I suppose! Catie and Jim came basically at the same as I did last year, so they've been a huge part of my experience, I can't believe they're leaving. I've never been in a situation where I've had to say bye to so many people in such a short time. It's a strange situation to be in here. Most people you meet here are from other cities, provinces or countries, but in such a small community, you become close so quickly, and you share so much in such a short time, so when someone leaves (especially someone you were close to), it's really strange to think that you might never see them again. Such is not the case with these two (I hope!)...but it was still hard!

However, it was a stylish send-off! We started off with a house party which was awesome, some rooftop fire spining with Angie and Jim, of course there were fireworks....and then we ended the night on a Korean note with lots of loud, off-key, but energetic norae-bonging! It was a fabulous night, definitely a tribute to two fabulous people!

No comments: